Saturday, April 9, 2011

Turtles

One day recently Emily and I wanted to go out to lunch. So I asked her to pick somewhere. She emailed me a list of 4 places and I chose P & G Restaurant on Baronne. Yelp and Urban Spoon both had reviews about how great the shrimp poboys are. So we both ordered one and picked a table in the back of the cafeteria-style restaurant near the window. Turns out this was no ordinary window.


It was one of the walls to a huge turtle courtyard home. The ceiling was open to the elements and three walls were windows. It was seriously one of the oddest things I've ever seen in my life. There is no sign of the reptile sanctuary from the street. And until you sit close and notice things moving, you have no idea it's anything more than pretty courtyard. But alas there are a LOT of turtles!


So our lunch turned more interesting quick. It turned quite strange when they were all mounting each other! It was something straight out of domestic poboy shop national geographic, turtle porn edition. We even had the token perv who was peering over some bricks watching the action.
I'm not sure if the food was worth a return visit, but Brokeback Turtle may have been.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Aw, makes me think of CJ!!!!
    Everytime I see a turtle I think of you and CJ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I need to check out this sight!!!

    ReplyDelete