Friday, April 15, 2011

Service with a smile

There's a little restaurant down the street from my apt that Matt and I tried out shortly after we moved here. It's called Hickory Cafe & Grill. Their main business is catering, so they are only open Monday - Friday for lunch. They have sandwiches and salads and daily specials. The ingredients are all so fresh and so tasty! If I worked close, or not at all, I would go there all the time. But not only because of the great food. Also because of the girl that works there. The first time Matt and I went we had a coupon. We use them a lot to go out to eat and try new places and most times you can tell that the waiter is kindof pissed about it. This lady almost seemed like she was happy that we were able to save money! She wasn't rude or condescending. She was actually so very friendly and efficient. And she's there every time. And if you call in an order, she answers the phone. In a town, and world really, where no one expects good customer service anymore, this lady is a dying breed. And she's young, maybe early 30's. I always seem in a better mood when I walk out of there. Partially because of the Cuban on toasted French bread and partially because of the exceptional service that I always get. If I could give her a gold star, I would.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment