Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thunderous

I didn't sleep well last night, so today was a bit of a drag, literally. But right off the bat it was better than yesterday. Emily brought me a cookie that she got at Julie Ann's this weekend.


I'm not sure that was the original intent of the cookie, but she saw a friend in need.
We had a bit of a moment around lunch today when this popped up on twitter:
Day off in New Orleans. I love you tour.
Emily and I had a short conference and decided that a tweet was necessary. Que:
@ WHERE Y'AT?
We almost peed our pants to see response:
@ coffee in marigny. Off to find and epic oyster po-boy.
I did some quick research to verify that the Verti Mart has reopened. And Emily replied with:
@ I know just the place. And noon-ish works for me.
The refresh button was worn out on both of our phones. But to no avail. Guster did not respond with a grand invitation for us (or Emily, but of course I would go, too) to join them for lunch. It was pretty disappointing. It's amazing how the two of us can get so pumped up about something that will never happen.
No casualties or traumas today. It was good.
And I made this for my brother-in-law.


(Sorry it's sideways.)
His birthday was March 13th, but I didn't get to see him. So I'm surprising him with a cake. I'm not going to tell him that it's not yellow with chocolate icing like always - it's peanut butter!! Surprise!
2 more days and then I get to get my hair done and see my sister! Hooray Friday!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so disappointed that Guster didn't respond to you sister!!!! Love the cake and that I get to see you in two days! HOOOORAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete