Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hurricanes and Hand Grenades

In 99.9 percent of the world hurricanes and hand grenades are terrifying and lethal words. Here in the Big Easy these words are synonymous with good times and loose lips.
Matt and I don't do typical "New Orleans" things until someone comes in town. Visitors always want to go to the city. So today we enjoyed our little town. This morning we visited the Crescent City Farmers Market. This evening we had charbroiled oysters at Drago's. Then we had our once-in-a-lifetime experience watching two live filmings of The Wheel. Tonight we taxied from the Convention Center to Bourbon Street. Dad bought me a hand grenade and we enjoyed a little drink and live music in some bar that dad enjoys. It was a pleasant little day.

(It has come to my attention that my Thursday post somehow has Wednesday as the post date. But I actually put in entries on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm sad that it does not appear that way.)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hey, little sister. You can adjust the post time in blogger. Just go into edit the supposed-to-be-Thursday post and under the typing window, click on "post options." There, you should be able to change the post time/date. It's on the right side, I think.

    Proud of you for keeping up with blogging during Lent.

    Do a little New Orleans for me next time you're out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! Post time now updated per the time it posted on my FB.

    ReplyDelete