Monday, April 18, 2011

Garfield or A-Rod

In my next life I want to be a house cat.


Cat owners have very low expectations. As a dog owner I expect Ellis to bark and alert me to an intruder. I expect her to walk on a leash. I expect her to be courteous to visitors (which she mostly isn't). I expect her not to potty in the house. I expect her never to bite Matt, no matter how rough he is playing with her. I expect her to follow commands - sit, stay, here. Most people expect their dogs to do tricks.
But seriously - what do you expect of your cat. I expect Walter to use the litter box. And I didn't even have to train him to do that. Cats just know that's what the box is for. That's pretty much my only expectation for him. He just lazes around all day. He doesn't have to work or hunt for food. He doesn't have to wait for someone to take him outside to potty. He has people who love to pet him and play with him and his toys. He lives the life that we all hope to have when we are old and retired. Do what we want, when we want, and have other people feed us.

Either that or I'd like to be a professional (I'm talking Major Leage) baseball player. No salary cap and endorsements? I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. So true, so true! And Wally definitely has the life!

    ReplyDelete