Monday, April 4, 2011

Cause you had a bad day

Power's out and I've had a little 'nilla rum and diet coke.
I figure if I share all the good and funny, then I should share the horrible and awful, too. Had a decent day at work. Nothing great, and nothing horrible. Until my ride home from work. It was misting a little bit. The storm that knocked out the electricity wasn't quite here yet. I was driving on Earhart Expressway going about 60 mph. I saw something just ahead right in the middle of my lane (far left of three). Looked like a black bag swaying in the weather. I didn't want to make an unwise decision and quickly swerve into the next lane with cars all around and it wasn't very big. I made a quick judgement call and decided to straddle the "bag". What came next shook me so hard that I couldn't really function for the next hour and a half. That "bag" was nothing of the sort. It was a mama duck and her ducklings. And I ran over them. I type this knowing the judgement that will surely come. It was a horrible moment. I cried. Got home and cried and cried and cried. Matt held me and told me everything would be ok. And that these things happen. I proceeded to cry and tell him that it was definitely NOT ok. Finally I washed the mascara away and removed the bunched up contacts from my eyes. I lay on the couch holding Ellis until the timer went off for the lasagna that Matt put in the oven. Matt made me get up. And he made me a drink. I think it was a good idea. When we blessed our food I prayed for the little duck family and cried some more. Now the power is out. All of our candles are lite and I want ice cream. It's been a bad day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Oh no sister, that is definitely not good, but certainly a wreck would be much worse and God will take care of the ducks. Why were they on Earhart?!!? Sorry you have no power too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your ice cream...it wasnt your fault about the duckies...so things cant be helped friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee! No judgement...just so sorry for such a crap day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what an awful day. hopefully today was better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, friends. Today was definitely much better!

    ReplyDelete