Alright, so I'm a big fan of fidelity. I have particular beef with TV shows (even the ones I'm shamelessly addicted to) that throw around cheating showing it as commonplace as changing your a/c filter (which it is recommended you change every month). There's no shame or consequences for sleeping with your husband's best friend or your best friend's ex husband! And sleeping with all of your coworkers over the course of a couple of seasons, I mean years, is completely normal, if not expected. In real life it's always "I never actually loved her." or "I never really knew myself."
Marriage is a sacred institution, a covenant. They didn't put "until death do you part" in the vows for funsies. It's for real, for always. It would be nice if people actually took that vow seriously. Do you think people would get married as casually if divorce were illegal? Also it would be nice if Hollywood would portray a better picture. A little more Miranda & Steve and a little less Addison & Mark or Addison & Pete or Addison & Sam.
All this to say I think if given the chance I might actually take the opportunity to swap spit with Jake Gyllenhaal. He is a beautiful specimen. Matt agrees. He asked the other night how one person got to be so attractive. We discussed how he must have pretty hot parents because they made him and Maggie. Then Matt told me that she isn't really that hot. She's more the girl that you want to meet when you go visit your grandma for three months over the summer. I'm not sure that I agree, but what do I know.
Also, I think that my favorite joke on The Office is when Holly thinks that Kevin is special.
"Yeah well, the party, driving to the supermarket... it's a big day for him."
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You crack me up and you know how I feel about cheaters--as Dad would say ''Ptttt" (you know that spitting noise he does!).
ReplyDelete