Sunday, March 20, 2011

Preparation

Every other week I work Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm. Add a 30 minute workout after getting home by 6:30 and cooking dinner is almost out of the question. I have come to use my Sundays before my "long weeks" to cook. Today I made chicken taco soup in the crock pot. I baked Mexican chicken and rice casserole. I trimmed the fat off a pork roast to be used later in the week for crock pot pulled pork sandwiches. For dinner we had a rotisserie chicken, homemade mac n' cheese, and salad. There are leftovers from that. Also, the kitchen is clean. I have to give a little shout out to Matt for helping load the dishwasher.
I feel accomplished.
It's pretty much how I need to feel going into the morning, because tomorrow we go live with the new management system. Tons of make-up work from 1. being broken (back) and then 2. having a two day black out period while the new system was installed. Combine that with a system that no one knows how to use... Whew. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.
But! I'm going to brew a nice pot of coffee and meet the day with determination and positivity. Maybe it will help?

No comments:

Post a Comment