Saturday, March 26, 2011

Interesting Evening

I decided to try and play some tennis with Matt today. We met his Vietnamese buddy, Jeff and hit for a little while. This was not a good decision on my part. My back flared up and hurts so badly! So I bowed out gracefully, left the boys to play, and hit the showers. As I was leaving Jeff asked if I wanted him to cook burgers tonight. He's actually invited us over before. But it was right when I hurt my back, and Matt told him it wasn't a good time. So Matt got home from playing and said we were going over there later. I'm laying on an ice pack watching How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days. All of a sudden we hear this weird noise. I look outside and our freaking fire alarm is going off! Turns out some kid pulled the switch in the building attached to us. Bummer. It's a good thing there was no real emergency. 45 minutes after the alarm started sounding the fire dept showed up. Then they couldn't even shut the alarm off! They had to get in touch with the building management to come reset it. So we went to Jeff's a few minutes early to escape the noise. He cooked Vietnamese egg rolls, burgers, and French fries. And it was good! He is a self-proclaimed chef. He is pretty proud. He may not be an actual chef, but I'll let him cook for me anytime!
Now I'm on the ice again and about to hit the hay. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more productive.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment