Monday, March 21, 2011

March Madness!

So I just went to comment on one of Deni's blog posts. You know how sometimes you have to type something that is all wavy looking to verify that you're a real person? Well, .blogspot just had me type 'ghellyo'. I feel like that's some hipster way of referring to something that's 2000 and late. Or a confused old person was answering the phone. You know - they kindof mixed up "Yellow?" Subliminal messages through the human identifiers, maybe?
There is an 87 percent chance that Margie is going to ask when she gets to work tomorrow, "Did you look at House last night?" Of course I did. And whoa! Talk about disturbing? I won't ruin it for those of you who chose to exercise your right to DVR.
(sidenote: HUGE pet peeve when people update their facebook and twitter statuses with TV show endings and results. DVRs are not new. Why doesn't anyone respect the sanctity of choice? I choose not waste my time planning my day around a show and instead record it, watch it whenever I want, and fast forward through commercials. That does NOT mean that I should have to know what happens at the end of Grey's Anatomy or who got kicked off of Top Chef.)
Anyway - House was really good.
I would like to congratulate myself and my coworkers. I did not see any computer flying out any 15 floor windows today. We went LIVE with our new management system today and boy was it a doozy! I only reverted to frantically clicking my mouse once when I couldn't figure something out. It helped a little that Margie (mentioned above) came around a couple of times with animal crackers and stated that we all needed extra snacks today. She was right.
Is it a compliment or a reflection on my typical cooking that Matt was genuinely shocked and surprised with dinner tonight? He stating that he really liked it. Also mentioning that it tasted like something that came from a restaurant. It was a Mexican chicken and rice casserole and definitely nothing different or more special than anything I normally cook. I'm going to go with compliment and rest easy.
In other news - it turns out an Owl can beat a Nittany Lion and a Buckeye can beat a Mountaineer. Guess I should have picked chalk. (my brackets are so busted.)

1 comment:

  1. Houston, we have a serious problem!!! My DVR did NOT record House and that is really gonna mess with my life!

    ReplyDelete