1. Major League baseball game was fun. It was ridiculously hot for the first hour because we had cheap seats where the sun was shining right on us. But once it went down, we were great! It was also pretty neat, because the Rangers were playing the Twins. The starting pitcher for the Twins is Scott Baker. He is from Shreveport and I know his little brother pretty well. It was cool seeing someone we knew on the big field. Scott pitched 8 straight innings for the win! No good for the Rangers, but great for Scott!
View from our original seats
View from the seats we moved to in the 9th inning
S'port boy, Scott Baker pitched 8 innings for Twins
2. When we got back in town on Sunday the blinds on our door looked like this... It happened sometime Saturday. Apparently Walter was pissed about being left inside and not having anyone to wake up with his annoying cry to let him out. And he made sure he showed us. I can only imagine him jumping, front paws and claws extended, grabbing onto the binds and sliding down until he hit the gound. I am sure he did this over and over until he wore himself out.
3. Matt went to Ruston on Monday with Matt Peters. They ate at Ponchatulas. He brought me back a turkey poboy plain with swiss, onion rings, and ranch on the side. It was sooo good! He also sold back a couple of books and made $291. He went from selling books back to spending $275 in Tech merchandise! We have so much Tech stuff. We will definitely represent well in NOLA. My Civic is already looking better with the LaTech Alumni license plate on the front. After almost 3 years, we replaced the Holmes Honda plate that was there.
4. Craigslist.com is fabulous! I have spent countless hours over the past 3 days looking for places to rent in NOLA. I am pretty stressed right now because of it all, but at least I know there are options. We are going this weekend to look and hopefully find the most perfect, cute, reasonably priced place to live.
5. Matt said goodbye to his Pop last night. Pop didn't die. He is 90 years old Pearl Harbor survivor who is moving to Florida so that his daughter can take care of him. Pop has been a grandfather figure to Matt all of his life. They lived next door to Pop until Matt was 3. Then Jen and Matt both rode the bus to Pop's house for years to be taken care of until his mom got off work. I've been around Pop numerous times before yesterday, but he finally got a hearing aid. It has made a world of difference! Pop is funny!! And it turns out we have similar views of our president. We both think that Obama is a Muslim who is going to let all the terrorists into our country. He made a few jokes while we were there that had me rolling. I didn't know Pop like Matt and his family did, but I feel honored that I got to spend some time with him.
6. We had a potluck lunch at work today - for no reason, I think. I signed up sometime last week to bring a cake or pie. Well, I completely forgot until yesterday afternoon, so I didn't have time to make anything. After dinner at Trejos with Matt's mom and Billy, we hit up Krogers. I ended up with a round cookie cake that was completely iced in yellow with a smiley face on it. I thought it was so funny!
7. I received an email from Matt today that said this:
"Walter just spent the last half hour chasing a fly in the house. He got it, and I could hear it still buzzing as he swallowed it down." Gross! and Cool! all at the same time.
8. I have a lunch date tomorrow with Mims at Bella Fresca. Mmmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment