Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Going to be a looong day

I am not 14. I do not have summers free to sleep late and play and go on countless church trips. I seemed to forget this when I decided to go to the midnight showing of HPATHBP last night. The midnight showing that didn't start until sometime after 12:30 and got me home after 3am. Stupid René.
I have such mixed feelings about the movie. If I had never read the books I would have probably LOVED it. The movie was great. It was much funnier than any of the previous movies. The awkard moments between Harry and Ron were my favorite. I honestly laughed out loud a good bit. Unfortunately, I spent way too much of the movie thinking and saying "that never happened!" The beginning scene was way different, but kept the gist of what happened. There was also an entire scene in the movie that never happened at all, had no relevance, and added nothing. Not sure why they thought the Burrow needed to be torched, but whatever. They also left out Bill and Fleur completely. Seems like they should have been included since the next book is set at their wedding, but I'm not the director... Enough on that tangent.

So, on top of getting 3 hours of sleep last night (after my 2.5 hour nap before the movie) I had to get up earlier than normal. This sweet girl had to go to the vet to get her teeth cleaned. When she was just a wee pup it was no problem taking her to the vet. We go to Banfield which is located in the back of PetSmart. I also took her to puppy class that was at PetSmart. She got LOTS of treats in puppy class, so she really liked to go there. So for a while, she never knew if she was going to puppy class or to see Dr. Sarah. Well now that it has been 2+ years since she her graduation, the confusion is gone. The moment we hit the parking lot her body starts convulsing in very violent shaking. This morning I carried her in the store while reassuring her all the time that everything was going to be ok. As I started to approach the desk in the back of the store, I noticed that something was not quite right in my hand. Ohhhhh because Ellis was so scared that she POOPED IN MY HAND!!! Seriously! I cannot make this stuff up!! I walked up to the desk and told Bre that I would need a paper towel and a bathroom, because Ellis just pooped on me. To make matters worse she told me that she didn't know what she would do if a dog pooped on her. Seriously!? She is a vet tech! Surely she has dealt with worse?? Anyway, I threw away the nastiness, washed my hands, and checked Ellis into the vet.
Surely my day has got to get better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment