Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bring the Rain

I cannot shake the tired feeling. I stayed up too late every night last week getting ready for Happening. Then I got pretty much no sleep this weekend. It was so worth it. I forgot how amazing the Happening weekends are. The compassion, the joy, the healing, the FUN!! I loved every minute of it. Though, I do wish I had gotten more sleep the week leading up to it. I would post a couple of pictures from the weekend, but I forgot the camera cord at home. I definitely plan on submitting my staff application for January ASAP. That group of youth is so phenomenal. And that rector - Michael Graves - is going to be awesome!
When I finally looked at my phone at about 6:30 on Sunday there was a text message from Rhonda, our youth director. She said that one of the girls that regularly visits our church, Lauren Murchison, was in an accident, air lifted to a Jackson hospital and in critical condition. Deni immediately called Lauren's BFF Sarah Evans to get details. First Baptist Shreveport was on their way to camp on a charter bus. The bus had a blow out close in MS and the bus flipped 3 times. Through the conversation we learned that Lauren has multiple broken bones, severly bruised ribs and a big laceration on her head. But she is stable. We also learned that Sarah was with them!! She was actually sitting between Lauren and another girl was was critically injured. Sarah is sore and home. I thank the Lord for watching over her and Lauren. One boy died on Sunday. Another girl is still in critical condition with brain swelling. It is really hard to understand how this can happen a bus full of wonderful youth and volunteers on their way to church camp.
Then I just found out that one of my dear friends, Paul King, was in an accident yesterday! About 2 miles outside of Ruston he had a blowout and rolled 2 or 3 times! He is ok - just sore. But holy smokes! That is so scary!! And he got a ticket for careless operation of a motor vehicle. Seriously! He was in the left lane when it happened and was traveling to the right lane to stop and his car started flipping when he hit the grass! That is such crap! But really, with all that could have happened - I have to praise God.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed

Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace

Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of

The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace

Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

Bring the Rain - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment