Deni's first baby shower was a success. Plenty of people showed up, food was good, and there was champagne punch for the lucky few of us with no buns in our ovens. And she got lots of cute stuff. She did not, however, get a lot of necessities off of her registry. This is something I will never understand. We are encouraged when getting married or having a baby to register for stuff that we want and need. But people don't get us that stuff. They get us what they think we want and need. Thank you for the ugly $40 vase that I can't return and the random shaped bunt pan that I did (those people have no chance of reading this, so I'm safe.) So, if you're reading this and haven't gotten Sister a baby gift yet, she's registered at Babies R Us. And unless you're buying the tiny scrubs, she doesn't need anymore clothes.
In other world news - Osama bin Laden was killed yesterday. It's amazing what some people have the gall to say about this. I am not so much rejoicing his death. I would be just as happy if he had simply been captured. 'Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.' For nine and a half years we have tried to find this man. Unfortunately we were never able to obtain him alive. I can see how and why people would feel that justice has been served for all of the lives that have been lost over the attacks and the following war. But I know that no matter what we as Americans and humans did or could have done, God had his own plan for that awful man. I just hope that his death doesn't bring a rising of revenge from his side of the sea.
Finally, for tonight, I will be forever indebted to by husband for turning me on to Cherry Pepto. Just smelling the original flavor made me want to hurl. But now I can get the magical pink liquid down to my tummy to actually do some good. Sadly, it hasn't helped yet tonight. No dinner for me.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment