Seriously. Culturally speaking, children who grow up in East Texas are screwed. Anyone can say that Shreveport is basically East Texas all they want. But we know what king cake is. And we know the purpose of a Mardi Gras parade (to replenish your to go cups, duh). And we know that a fancy stadium does not a football team make. I'm concerned that I'm losing my Louisiana by the minute. But I'll keep properly pronouncing praline and eating red beans on Mondays. I'll wear my black and gold proudly and often (even when our season ends with abundant tears.)
Today I brewed a nice pot of freshly ground Pecan Praline Community Coffee. It was glorious.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm running low on to go cups, when is the next parade?!!? And king cake is being shipped from NOLA and I'll be camped by my front door all day so that my dogs aren't the ones who get to enjoy it this year! IF you're lucky I'll share!
ReplyDelete