I posted a new entry Tuesday. Then I realized that it has been over 4 months since my previous post. So...
I left my job at J Everett Eaves on September 21st. It's such a strange feeling to walk out of something that you put so much of yourself into. It wasn't my dream job, but I worked my ass off. You imagine your exit to be something spectacular - balloons, cake, streamers, tears. At least I can say there was cake. But that was more for my upcoming birthday. It was a pretty anticlimactic exit.
2 days later we left for the beach. Me, Matt, Julie, Deni, Sean, and Cala. They got me a Gambino's wedding cake for my birthday. It was amazing!! We beached and shopped and ate and drank (not too much - there was a baby). Although beaching was an infant isn't the easiest thing ever it was a great way to spend my birthday.
4 days after our return we said goodbye to New Orleans. September 30, 2011 will always be a sad day to look back on. I loved that city and miss it a lot.
October 1 brings Dawson Knox Glenn into the world! So awesome that I got to be there the day one of my oldest friends has her first baby. I have since remembered why Jenny and I were such good friends to begin with. I'm so glad to be close to her and Derek.
There was a good month of retirement bliss before the wide world of insurance pulled me back in. I can't say I joyfully ran back, but I have to make that dollar. I had interviews at all of the big agencies in Tyler and joined BancorpSouth Insurance Services, Inc on November 7.
I've already thoroughly documented my sewing escapades, but the holiday season was stressful and fun. Matt and I really enjoyed being able to be there for Cala and Elise's first Christmas! And we got and gave lots of fantastic gifts. My amazing husband got me a KitchenAid mixer. It's beautiful and might have made me cry a little.
Matt and I found a rental house that we like and signed the lease on 12/30. We immediately started painting and cleaning. After lots of work we took a break to eat Sean's gumbo and drink in the New Year. Jenny and Derek left sometime after 10 to put Dawson to bed. Sean and Matt were both asleep shortly thereafter. Deni, Mark, and I rung in the New Year laughing, drinking, and eating grapes.

We've had some hiccups with the new house, but will finally be moving in this weekend! We can't wait to have a whole house and backyard to ourselves!

Feel free to send us mail!
PS - I beat Matt in Bowl Mania.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Yay! I'm glad to see you're back! Can't wait to hear all about your new house and other adventures!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you're here and like that add at the end that you beat Matt in Bowl Mania! :)
ReplyDelete