Saturday, January 28, 2012

Small Victories

In January of 2009 I was almost finished training for my first half marathon, New Orleans. 2 months later I ran the Country Music half marathon. It was one of the most fun races ever. I stopped running after Nashville. I guess I was tired, lazy. I ran two more races, but didn't train for either and probably shouldn't have run them. I just quit. And it shows. Here I am three years later back at square one. I've registered for the New Orleans half again and hope to be able to finish it safely. I'm training. It's not going as well as I would like. Taking 2.5 years off and gaining 20 pounds does not help your stride. It's hard not to beat myself up knowing what I've done in the past. It's hard to watch other people excel while I struggle. But today I finished a 7 mile run. I'm thankful for small victories.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Starting over is always hard because we compare ourselves to where we used to be, but all that matters is where we are and where we are headed from this point!!! You got this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're awesome and you did a great job today! I'm proud of you for keeping going even when it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be glad you did well in the past and are working on doing well now...do not be so hard on yourself. I am very proud of YOU, just the way you are! ♥ Your MoM and wishfully to be Your Friend too.............

    ReplyDelete