Monday, July 4, 2011

I know a shortcut!

Everybody wants to take shortcuts on everything these days. And any time you hear that oh-so-familiar phrase in a movie it's more than obvious that the characters will be lost within the next 5 minutes. There are definite things and times in life when shortcuts are unacceptable. Medical school, successful relationships, and a good gumbo are a few of those instances.
Just under a year ago my eyes were open to an unmentionable, yet amazing shortcut.


You read it right, folks. Red beans from a can. Blue Runner knows its stuff. I would never believe that a canned red bean could be so tasty. Now, I'm not saying this is the downright best RBR you've ever tasted. But this shortcut is definitely worth it! It has become a staple in our house. Rice cooker + 1 link of spicy sausage + Blue Runner + Jiffy cornbread + a little Louisiana hot sauce and Tony's = shortcut perfection.
It's Monday in Louisiana!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Very good to know... wonder if they sell that in South Carolina!?!?

    ReplyDelete