I realize that I have become a terrible blogger post-Lent. So to make up for it I will post about my two recent dessert successes. Almost two weeks ago we had a slew of people over - Emily & Chris, Burger & Ines, Jeff, and Evan. I cooked dinner and dessert for eight people - a first for me. So, I planned strategically. I made the dessert the night before. And the morning of I put on two crock pots, one with potatoes and one with chicken. All I had to do after work was a couple of quick sides and some bread. It was pretty successful. Now for the dessert. I asked Burger what he would like, and he chose white chocolate. So I looked through some recipes and decided on Oreo Balls aka 3 ingredient heaven.
Here's the short and sweet version:
Crush up a pack of Oreos minus three. Doesn't have to be super fine at all. Mix it with two packages of cream cheese. Let it set in the fridge for a bit. Then make it into balls on a cookie sheet. Put in the freezer to harden up. Then dip in melted white chocolate. And sprinkle with the last three Oreos that you crushed up real fine. Refrigerate and serve cold. So dang good!
Tonight Jeff cooked for us, the McPs and his roommate Geoff. So I brought dessert. I suck because I forgot to take a picture before it was cut into, but this way you can see the insides.
Ice cream cake!! 1/4s of ice cream sandwiches around the outside of a spring form pan. A layer of Oreo crust (Oreos and butter) in the middle of that. Three layers of different ice cream flavors. Topped with cool whip and Oreos. Also verrry tasty!
I plan on making one or both of these for my fabulous, soon-to-be-a-dad, brother in law when I go visit for a week after Cala's born. And maybe he'll share with Deni.
Oh! And I tried Old New Orleans Rum tonight. SO good!
(side note: this was typed Sunday night and my stupid phone wouldn't let me post it)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment