Daddy-O (Daddy-O) sure good looking
Daddy-O (Daddy-O) always cooking
Daddy-O (Daddy-O) ready to go
All the girls are batty over Daddy-O
I have to admit that until 2 minutes ago I thought the last line above was "all the girls are batty 'bout my daddy-o." Not too big of a mistake. But I also thought that was the entirety of the jingle. It's not. That's the chorus to a three verse song. This is news to me. The verses are foreign and hold no meaning in my life. But that chorus/jingle is happiness. That brings back happy memories of my mom, sister, and me singing to Pops. And it reminds me of how dad changed the words to another song a little and sang "my girls, talkin' 'bout my girls." He had three, not just one. The four of us had many happy times.
When I was young dad wasn't sure what to do with little girls. So we played games and put together puzzles. Dad taught me the ways of the world through a deck of cards and Scrabble. He let me look up the words after he played them so that I'd learn. And he'd always want me to show him my cards or tiles so that he could help me make the next great play. He never let me win, though. I had to learn. I can hold my own now, but I still rarely beat him in any games. Words With Friends is the one reason I wish dad had an iPhone. Then we could play even when we're so far away.
To this day Matt would prefer we play something other than gin. Dad would be proud. I think I'll take cards with me to Shreveport/Tyler this weekend. You never know when they may come in handy!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment