Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2 year old wedding cake

This past weekend in Shreveport was wonderful. I got to spend time with ALL of my family (except Sean and he was definitely missed). I went to Jean's PWAT for the first time. Here is my masterpiece



I love it!! And it will hang in my apt and future houses.
I am pretty pumped to say that I went running Saturday morning for the first time in months. Ran 4.8 miles at 6:30am and felt awesome afterwards. Definitely need to get my lazy butt moving again. The crummy thing is that this run only reminded me of how much I miss my running family. I was talking to my boss Tuesday morning and mentioned the run and he asked "So that's a downside of living here, huh? Not having your group of runners." And it really is a downside.
I also miss Kandi, but I got to spend some time with her, too. I could never ask for a better landlord turned friend.
B-day celebration with Pops was good. Instead of the usual boxed-mix birthday cake my mom thawed out the last of my wedding cake. Still quite tasty! Saturday night and Sunday afternoon were spent with Matt's family. We had a pleasant surprise to find out that Scott was in town. He and Mark came to lunch Sunday and I got to have a lot of conversation with Scott. He is such an interesting individual. Our time together only deepened my desire to go to Africa.
The weekend was capped off with a BBQ at the King's new house. Long overdue get-together with a bunch of great friends.
In short - or long - I had a blast! It's always good to be home, though.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Cedar Creek Rd,Elmwood,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment