Monday, May 24, 2010

God save the king of New Orleans

I miss concerts. I used to go to concerts all the time. The loud noise. The seizure inducing stage lights. The euphoria of singing along to amazing songs. Of course they were amazing - I have wonderful taste in music. Even that time in high school when I was obsessed with Tinman Jones (ok - maybe that was a bit of a weak point in my music loving history).
Here's a problem that I probably should have considered before getting married. Matt doesn't so much like concerts. And it's nearly impossible to get him to agree to go to go to one. I figured when he passed up Our Lady Peace this past fall that I was doomed to a future with no concerts. But alas! This past weekend Matt and I went to the House of Blues for an Ochsner benefit concert with Better Than Ezra. They are not one of my favorite bands, but Matt really likes them. And I was not about to pass up the opportunity to feed my concert addiction. The show was actually pretty good. The crowd was not your typical super young groupies because the tickets were a little pricey - benefit concert and all. The band played all the good old songs and made jokes all night. It was fulfilling.
I would love to say that I will be spending the evening with Michael Buble on July 14th... Who's coming with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment