Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I only left like 12 days ago, but I am so happy to be going home tomorrow. Monday is Labor Day, so Matt doesn't have to work, and he is off every Friday. Plus I haven't started my new job yet. So we're heading to Shreveport (I'm leaving earlier than him, because I don't like to drive in the dark if I don't have to).
We will be celebrating my dad's 62nd birthday while in town. In preparation I went to the French Market and bought him some pralines and a slice of Tiger Bark fudge. Then I ordered him a Doberge cake from Maurice's in Metairie. It is half vanilla and half praline. I guess I feel like Dad wants to celebrate this birthday with sweets...
I also had lunch with Burger at Tulane today. Two weeks in NOLA, two lunches with Burger. I think we have a good thing going. I got a text message this evening that read "I just shook Ron Paul's hand." I think he is enjoying college.
I will be spending next week in Tyler with my sister. I haven't seen her house yet, so I am pretty excited. She has a pool! Another plus is that Jenny and Derek live there. Should be a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment