Friday, August 14, 2009

"My future's so bright I gotta wear shades" -Whitney

Hello August. Apparently I have already missed half of the month. In my defense... I've been busy. Went to Camp Eagle with the mid high the first week of August. It was sooo much fun. 10+ hour road trip to Rock Springs, TX driving a 15 passenger van = more fun than I could have imagined. We rock climbed, repelled, zip linned, blobbed, went down the giant slides into the river and had amazing worship. Last night I was really missing it and wished I could go back right now.

Since then I have been preparing to move. A week from today the movers will come, pack up my little life, and tote it down to New Orleans. We have signed a 6 month lease in an apt in Hickory Creek apartments in River Ridge. I hope to find my little dream house or duplex during those 6 months. But in the mean time we do have a guest room and hope to have visitors ALL the time!

I got a job! I will be working at J. Everett Eaves. Their office is in a large building on the corner of St. Charles and Canal in downtown. It should be interesting and fun working down there. After three months I'll get to start working 10 hour days every other week so that I can be off every other Friday. That is going to be wonderful, because Matt has off every Friday. It will make Shreveport trips much easier!

Today is my last day at ISA/Stewart Insurance. I have enjoyed my time here. My coworkers are super fun and made me feel like a part of their work family. I am sad to be leaving them, but excited about the month off of work that I am about to have. Oh yes - I'm not starting my new job until September 14th! The break is going to be sooo nice.
Hello future!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you found a job AND a place to live. It's such a relief to have that out of the way. I started school this week--many memories of mrs. allen's, mr. Chandler, and ms. Millers math classes!! Weren't those the good ol days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses need to be dark and 100%UV protected!! I hope you have a fantastic last week in the port and give us a call when you guys come back to visit!

    ReplyDelete